The main aim of the FORDYS-VAR project is to contribute to the educational inclusion of school children with dyslexia using Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), improving access, participation and learning achievements of school children with this problem, reducing disparities in learning outcomes.
Consequently, the FORDYS-VAR project will contribute to enhancing the standards of quality in the educational field, promoting the academic success of those school children and the equal access and opportunities for all, increasing the skills and competencies of school teachers and education professionals. Thus, the FORDYS-VAR project addresses some of the horizontal Erasmus + priorities such as:
- social inclusion, in concrete, support to the diversity and equal access to education for children with dyslexia;
- use of ICT in educational settings to contribute to the access of students with dyslexia; and
- improve the skills of school staff, providing them suitable tools to adapt their educational devices to school children with dislexia.
Among the specific priorities for the school education, the FORDYS-VAR project will contribute to:
- reinforce the capacities and skills of teachers working with school children with dyslexia, because they will be empowered to adapt their educational devices to the individual characteristics of their students with practical and easy methodology and tools;
- increase the quality in educational settings because of the promotion of equal access and opportunities to all students, independently of their capacities; and
- contribute to the education for all.
Target groups: (1) Children with dyslexia that will be the end-users of the materials developed; (2) Professionals involving in providing formal and no-formal treatment of dyslexia: Therapist, educators; (3) Families of dyslexic children.